MOVES (Motor Vehicle Emission Simulator) - Frequent Questions
This "Frequently Asked Questions" web page does not create any new requirements. The questions on this page were submitted by people using MOVES for a wide range of analytical and/or regulatory purposes. The answers are largely based on a number of existing MOVES technical and policy guidance documents, the MOVES user guide, and other MOVES technical documents, which are cited in the responses as appropriate. While every attempt has been made to assure consistency with these documents, in all cases users should refer back to the original EPA documents that are posted on the MOVES web page, other EPA web pages, and any applicable regulations and statutes. Throughout the answers, we have tried to note instances where a particular answer applies only in certain circumstances or where a particular approach might be required for a SIP or conformity submission. EPA retains the discretion to adopt approaches on a case-by-case basis that may differ from the answers and existing EPA guidance but still comply with the statute and applicable regulations. This web page may be revised periodically without public notice. As always, we recommend that you consult your EPA Regional office for specific implementation questions.
- ViewedMost Popular Topics
- 10086How do I avoid mistakes when a table contains multiple runs? I’ve noticed that if a table includes output from multiple runs, it is very easy to mistakenly sum them together, thereby drastically increasing emissions.
- 9991When should MOVES2010 or MOVES2010a be used for SIP and transportation conformity analyses?
- 9886I had a question about doing a MOVES run in Emission Rate Mode. Does the meteorology tab for inputs have to be satisfied to run the model in this mode? If you do not use your own input file, will the defaults automatically be used for the run?
- 9648The template created for IM Programs contains rows for all source types and all fuel types; however MOVES does not provide I/M benefits for all source types and fuel types. How do you recommend creating an Excel input table for the IM Programs which I can then import using the County Data Manager?
- 9540It seems that there is no air toxics ratio table in the default MOVES database. How does MOVES determine the air toxics ratios?
- Most Recent Topics
- 3/4/2013What is the difference between extended idling and normal idling? Is it possible to get distinct idling emission output for any vehicle type? Can this be done in the emission rate mode, or only inventory mode?
- 3/4/2013MOVES seems very fleet-focused. Is there a way to model emissions of a single vehicle on a given route?
- 5/20/2011How can I determine the impact of speed on vehicle emissions?
- 3/14/2011What is currently assumed for future year fleet fuel efficiency?
- 3/14/2011Does MOVES include a temperature correction for CO2 emissions and energy consumption?
- Mobile 6.2 Transition
- Moves Version